Running list, and wish list of all the little things I buy or wish I could!

Thursday, July 29, 2010

Teething

My son has been very drooly and irritable lately, and since he's coming up on 4 months I figure he must be teething.  Poor baby, and poor me!  After he decided to skip both his afternoon and evening naps, in favor of crying and trying to eat his pants, I decided to search for what's out there for teething babies.  Being an avid Amazon shopper that was my first stop.  


I remember hearing about Sophie the Giraffe from a friend, and it seems to have a huge following online, with parents posting pictures of their babies happily chomping away on various parts of Sophie.   If it works half as well as it's reputation I will be a happy camper.

The Razbaby RaZberry Teether has the cute factor going for it.  It just looks like it would be fun to chew on, and I can imagine how adorable my baby will look with it.  The fact that it comes highly rated is icing on the cake. 
 

Now this is the weirder of the things I purchased.  I had heard talk of teething necklaces made of amber, but it struck me as a bit hippy dippy not to mention a choking hazard.  I thought about it a bit and came to the conclusion that I really don't want to have to give my baby excessive pain relievers, and after reading through all the testimonials I'm willing to give it a try.  I ordered my necklace from Inspired by Finn, and this is what they say about the benefits of the jewlery on their website:

Among other things, amber is a natural analgesic (pain reliever) and anti-inflammatory.  When amber is worn on the skin, the warmth of the skin releases trace amounts of healing oils on the skin.  Commonly known as "teething jewelry," baltic amber has been a natural and traditional European remedy for teething discomfort for hundreds of years.

I can't wait to get all the items I ordered and test them out.  Hopefully my little guy will get some relief from at least one of them.  

No comments:

Post a Comment