Running list, and wish list of all the little things I buy or wish I could!

Friday, July 30, 2010

My Strollers

Ever since I found out I was pregnant I have been obsessed with strollers.  It's the one thing I fixated on throughout my pregnancy researching, and re-researching.  By the time I finally bought one everyone was beyond annoyed with my stroller talk.  After researching, I settled on the Bugaboo Bee for what I thought would be my one and only stroller.

Being on a budget I found it used on craigslist for a steal.  I love this stroller, it pushes great and just looks really interesting.  It fits easily in the trunk of my Corolla, and it has the parent facing option I had to have.  

I had every intention of having this as my only stroller, but as I was obsessively browsing craigslist one morning I saw a listing for a Bugaboo Cameleon for $250!!!!  Now that is a ridiculously low price.  So low that at first I thought it was a scam, but I decided to test my luck, and it turned out to be real.  I was ecstatic!  These strollers are usually upwards of $800, and there was no way I would have bought one retail.  Words cannot express how useful this stroller is on the bumpy, poorly paved and sometimes bricked streets of Washington, DC.  It pushes like a dream, and baby loves it.  

He's a comparison shot of my Bee and my Cameleon.




Now you would think that my stroller craving would be sated with these two, but my mom mentioned she was thinking about buying an umbrella stroller to keep at her house.  Me seeing the opportunity to research and buy another stroller, immediately offered to get one for her.  Luckily Btrendie was having a gear sale, and had Cybex strollers for sale.  Although there wasn't a lot of info about them I decided to take a chance and buy the Cybex Onyx.  I'm glad I did.  It's plush, pushes well and folds up compactly.  You can read my full review on Lunch.   



I'm done with strollers for now, but next on my list is one to keep in Dad's trunk.  I'll try to save that for when Emerson get's a bit older though...unless I find a really good deal.  



No comments:

Post a Comment